Our love fits the exact image of toasted
bread. I’m always the side smeared in butter, dropped onto dirty kitchen
floors, whilst you balance untouched.
I feel I can shout enough to fill a
lifetime of pointless arguments, but you’ll still refuse to wave the white
flag.
Picking scabs of self-doubt from every inch
of my body, you are a mirror only reflecting my bad traits.
I’ve never cried so much than I have this
past year,
And every day I lose another gallon.
I wish you loved me enough to stop the
pain.
I wish the site of me so hurt, would stop
you ever being the cause again.
I miss yet another bus for you and I come
to the conclusion that I’m a masochist.
You could do anything to harm me, knowing
nothing was harsh enough to battle forgiveness.
There are moments, where I wonder, what’s
the fun in being with someone you hate so much?
Why don’t you just leave me? Find someone
else who actually enjoys this sort of twisted fun.
I tore out my heart for you, fed it to you
on a silver platter. Drowning myself in so much depression, I bleed teardrops
until I choke.
I wish you would stop caring so much about
your self-image, I wish you cared enough about me to know:
When you put others before me, it hurts.
When you disrespect my existence and efforts, it hurts. When you put yourself
first and I hurl in front of anything for you, it hurts.
I wish you would be my hero; one girl in
this world has to be worthy enough to be saved.
Even just one time, but you’d leave me,
gasping for my last breath.
The site of me tipping off the edge would
never make you flinch.
And it’s such a shame you would choose
anyone over me.
When I spend eternity, doing anything and
everything to keep you safe and happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment